Tree book

In Language Arts we created Tree Books. This is how we did it: We got a bag of leaves and then we screen printed then we cut our branches out and then we  folded the pieces of paper and glued it into the tree book then we took our printed pieces of paper and glued it in. What I liked when I was making my tree book was making all the prints and designs. I liked this specifically because it was fun to get creative and experiment with all the designs and leaves. I also liked using the breyers because it was satisfying and fun to use. I also liked making the Salute to my roots because it made me realize how much COVID has done.

Here is the writing that we created for the project:

When This Is Over by Parker Jeffries
When this is over, may we never again take for granted A handshake with a friend
Full shelves at the store
Conversations with close friends
A crowded D pac theater. Friday night out
The cook outs
A routine check up
The basketball tournament rush Hang outs with a friend
The football games
Each deep breath
A Summer Vacation Life itself.
When this ends
I want to keep
Time to myself
Playing video games with friends Listening to music
Watching Netflix and Hulu a lot Washing my hands a lot more, Remember that
We got to spend more time with family And we changed from
Who we were before.

My Wish list 

Get into my favorite college. I want this to happen because I would get the education I want and I would make myself happy to be at my dream college.

Get a job I enjoy. I want this to happen because I don’t want to be stuck with a job I don’t like or want to have when I get out of college.

Stay in contact with friends and family while I’m in college. I want this to happen because most of the time people usually lose childhood friends when they go to college so it would be great to keep in contact with my friends. 

Getting good grades is important to me because it will make one of my wishes more likely to become true and it will make my parents proud of me and I will be proud of myself.

Getting and wearing great shoes is important to me because it will fill me with joy and I’ll be able to wear them anywhere for everyone to see.

I want to get better at French. This is important to me because it will make two of my wishes more likely to happen. It’s also one of the subjects I struggle with so it would be great if I could get better at the language.

Want to learn more about cooking and different types of recipes because if I do then I can cook for myself, my friends, and family and if I can cook for myself I won’t have to order all by myself.

I want to learn how to ride a skateboard because most of my friends ride a skateboard so it would be cool.

I want to learn how to draw better. I want to do this because it would be pretty cool if I could draw really well. I also like to draw and it would be great if I could do a better job of it.

I want to learn how I can improve in basketball because I enjoy the sport and it also helps with other wishes.

I want to learn how to produce music because I feel like it would be pretty cool to have that talent. I also really like beats and music.

My Wishes for the World:

I would hope that world hunger can be gone by the time I am an adult. I want this to happen because people around the world die from hunger and if we fix this problem then less people will starve and die. End racism! If we do this then everyone in the world will be equal and then we won’t have so many violent incidents connected to racism. Stop global pollution! If we don’t have any pollution in the world then we won’t have any animals in bad shape and the world won’t be constantly at risk.To have a cure for cancer. If we have a cure then a big percentage of the world will be cured and we won’t have to worry about any other cancer in the world. Build more homeless shelters or housing for people who can’t afford it. If we have more shelters for homeless people around the world then more people will be more comfortable either in a shelter or a home and they’ll feel safer.

My mom is always there for me when I need someone. She always comforts me and she helps me when I am in need. For example, when I was in 1st grade, I was stuck on a super star homework sheet and she helped me understand the Math and I finished the Math homework on my own. She also helps me through times. When I was younger and too scared to do things, she motivated me and inspired me to try new things. Thanks Mom!

My dad has always provided for our family and made sure that we have everything we need for the future. For example he will make sure that I’m ready for the school year. but also make sure I have fun and take breaks throughout the day. He also makes sure we get family bonding time and have fun on vacations. He provides really good food like hamburgers and salmon for dinner and is a pretty good cook. My dad also inspired me to do a variety of things with my time and take up new hobbies. Thanks Dad!

My Brother has always made me laugh and made me mad too, but he also is a fun person to play with and be around. He always provides me with tips for next year and advice. In school he also helps with homework and plays video games with me. He always inspired me to learn new things and play new games and more. He also helps me with solving my problems and I know he is always looking out for me. Thanks for being a good brother!

My Grandpa is always there for me. He likes to make sure that I’m okay and checks up on me. For example, he lives in Warrington and drives all the way out to Apex/Durham to check up on my brother and me. He also provides my brother and me with life lessons and tips for making the right decisions. For example, he would always tell me to “Think before I do.” My grandpa also provides my brother and I with gifts and loves us. Thanks Grandpa!